How can Paisley & Elm Untangle your Medicare Cost Report:
- Rejections are close to 10% of all filed cost reports – Paisley & Elm has never had a rejected cost report in 22 years.
- A large percentage of filed cost reports are inaccurate – Paisley & Elm completes continuing education on cost report preparation to insure the accuracy of the reports.
- Most cost reports filed use incorrect data – Paisley & Elm reviews the information to isolate any inconsistencies.
- Bad decisions can be made by Management on incorrect cost report data – At Paisley & Elm part of the process is to identify errors in the data.
- Future rates are set on Filed Medicare Cost Report Data – Paisley & Elm reviews the cost report to make sure that all allowable Medicare costs are included accurately in the cost data.
Outsource your Medicare Cost Reporting to Paisley & Elm. Due Date: Medicare Cost Reports are due 5 months after the end of the fiscal period, or the cut off period determined by the MAC for Change of Ownership or for a Terminated Provider. Purpose of Report: The CMHC Medicare Cost Report is designed to report to Medicare the allowable Medicare cost per type of treatment (Therapy) in the geographic area (MSA) of the provider, With this information Medicare can determine the cost to deliver Services in a geographic area by the allowable cost per treatment. Medicare Cost Report also reimburses for Bad Debt Expenses, but is reducing the rate of reimbursement for future periods. Type of Report: The Medicare Cost Report for CMHC is the 2088-92.
The staff at Paisley & Elm has over 22 years of Experience filing Medicare Cost Reports.The staff at Paisley & Elm have filed approximately 3,000 Medicare Cost Reports have been filed and accepted by the different MACs over the 22 year period, without any Cost Report Rejections from the Medicare Cost Report Audit Department.
Information gained through the Analysis of the Medicare Cost Report #2088-92
- Cost Per Treatment (Therapy)
- Revenue per Treatment (Therapy)
- Bad Debt Calculation