How can Paisley & Elm Untangle your Medicare Cost Report:
- Rejections are close to 10% of all filed cost reports – Paisley & Elm has never had a rejected cost report in 22 years.
- A large percentage of filed cost reports are inaccurate – Paisley & Elm completes continuing education on cost report preparation to insure the accuracy of the reports.
- Most cost reports filed use incorrect data – Paisley & Elm reviews the information to isolate any inconsistencies.
- Bad decisions can be made by Management on incorrect cost report data – At Paisley & Elm part of the process is to identify errors in the data.
- Future rates are set on Filed Medicare Cost Report Data – Paisley & Elm reviews the cost report to make sure that all allowable Medicare costs are included accurately in the cost data.
Outsource your Medicare Cost Reporting to Paisley & Elm.
Due Date: Home Healthcare Cost Reports are due 5 months after the end of the fiscal period, or the cut off period determined by the MAC for Change of Ownership or for a Terminated Provider.
Purpose of Report: The Home Health Medicare Cost Report is designed to report to Medicare the allowable Medicare cost per visit in the geographic area (MSA) of the provider, Utilization per Episode, Utilization per Discipline per Episode. With this information Medicare can determine the cost to deliver a Home Health Services in a geographic area by diagnosis. Medicare the uses this information for adjusting the National rate with the wage index information from the reports in specific MSA areas.
Type of Report: The Medicare Report for Home Health Care is the 1728-94.
Paisley & Elm, LLC has over 22 years of Experience filing Medicare Home Health Cost Reports. Approxitmately 3,000 Medicare Cost Reports have been filed and accepted by the different MACs over the 22 year period, without any Cost Report Rejections from the Medicare Cost Report Audit Department.
Unlocking the WEALTH of Information in your Cost Report
Information gained through the Analysis of the Medicare Cost Report Home Health 1728-94
- Cost Per Visit
- Utilization Per Episode
- Utilization of Disciplines per Episode
- Revenue Per Episode
- Cost Per Episode